Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Princess Tiara Cookies


I had the opportunity to make cookies for a baby shower for a friend's friend. The couple was expecting their first baby, a sweet little girl named Kimora. My friend planning the shower, Nicole, throws the most beautiful, thoughtful, and well coordinated parties of anyone I know. This shower was appropriately themed as a princess shower for new little one, so tiara shortbread cookies were the perfect choice.

I hand decorated each cookie with color flow icing, royal icing, and a variety of sanding sugars and sprinkles. After the color flow had dried, and before adding the piping details, I brushed each cookie with luster dust to add shimmer. I was inspired to do all of the piping by these cookies I came across on the internet doing a google search. I loved the intricacy. The pearlized sprinkles make these cookies fit for a princess.

"K" is for Kimora.

No comments:

Post a Comment