Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cupcakes for a Lingerie Shower



Eyelet detail, ribbon cupcake, & pillow top cupcake

 To celebrate one of my good friend's upcoming marriage, I made these cupcakes decorated with homemade marshmallow fondant. The fondant decorations were inspired by silky, lacy, white bridal lingerie. Whether I 100% achieved this look or not they were most definitely a huge success at the party. Slightly more importantly than the way they were decorated was the taste. I made 3 dozen total, each dozen being different.

Lemon and yogurt cupcakes with vanilla bean butter cream

Lemon blueberry and yogurt cupcakes with vanilla bean butter cream

Almond cupcakes with amaretto butter cream filling and vanilla bean butter cream on top

I used 2.5 ounces of plain Greek yogurt in each batch of the yogurt cupcakes. The cake was incredibly moist, even after 3 days! However, since it was so moist the cupcakes sunk in a little bit after cooling. In this case it worked to my advantage because I need flat tops for my decorations. I was able to even out the indent with some butter cream, and that way each cupcake not only had the fanciful fondant top, but underneath that was about a teaspoon of real butter cream frosting. Many of the guests loved that part. =) Flavored with fresh lemon zest and plump blueberries, these cupcakes were most definitely delicious.

Variations of the ribbon cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment