Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Cakes

Summertime is a very busy time, leaving me busy with friends and family, and of course the occasional cake project. Here are some of the cakes I've worked on this summer.

The weekend of the 4th, my girlfriends and I baked 2 very opposite, but equally delicious cakes.


Chocolate Coca-Cola Cake with a vanilla glaze.
Angel food cake flavored with a hint of orange and served alongside fresh fruit and topped with a lemongrass simple syrup.  


The next cake was for my husband's boss's son. Most of my cakes just happen to be for girls with lots of pink, so this one was a bit of a challenge being that is was for a teenage boy who is into hunting. However, I think it turned out pretty well. The cake was red velvet and filled with cream cheese filling- as classic and delicious combination.

Hunting theme cake.




The last cake project was for a sweet little girl's first birthday party. Lot's of pink, purple, and polka dots which is completely what I'm used to. The bottom cake tier was confetti sprinkle filled with a pink buttercream and the top tier was chocolate cake filled with chocolate ganache. the pink chicks were handmade from fondant.

Baby chick cake.
Baby chick smash cake.
Cake, smash cake, and cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment